Advising Strategic Plan
Advising at Washington State University is a valued partnership with students, faculty, and administrators that builds educational relationships integral to academic success.
Academic advising builds collaborative student-centered relationships that support achievement of personal development and academic success.
- An academic advising program valued by students, faculty, staff, and administrators.
- An academic advising program that focuses on student-centered relationships.
- An academic advising program with consistency and clarity of message.
Academic Advising Strategic Action Plan 2018:
- A valued academic advising program
- Open houses for different departments
- Better idea in community about what advising is
- Training for chairs/directors on advising core duties
- Monthly newsletter about advising for university system
- Mandatory advisor training with 100% participation (related to communication plan on academic advising)
- Academic advising that focuses on student-centered relationships
- Survey students for satisfaction, their needs in advising
- Implement “Murrow Updates” type of communication plan
- Implement “no advising hold” advising and registration
- Academic advising with consistency and clarity of message
- Centralized messaging so advisors aren’t recreating the wheel — 411
- Developing campus specific modules/templates for Blackboard
- Survey advisors on SSC, BB adoption and find out if they are not using; if not, why not